Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My life

(A song, not a poem. Still needs to be revised)

Hebrews chapter 13
verse 8 says Jesus christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Born and raised in the chi, humboldt park was all I knew.
though, i've changed. I still face the struggle.. all these people gettin killed
the drug dealers getting bills
all these people on the corner cause they be poppin' pills
but this life never appealed to be
even though my nature, a hoe is what they said i'd be.
but in reality
I grew up in the church,
in search of gods purpose for me.
I remember being 6 yrs old in the church, that was back in 97'
people prasin' god til their bodies hit the floor.
I than accepted Christ and shook of my debris
but was spoken to when i turned 180degrees
I left god in my past
went left on Jesus's path
'til he showed me what I passed
Cause...

yesterday, today, and always hes the same so forver
he will reign in my life
he gave me a second chance tho i didnt understand he already had a plann in my life.

yesterday, today, and always hes the same so forver
he will reign in my life
he gave me a second chance tho i didnt understand he already had a plan in my life.


High school came along and my attiude was bitter,
church wasn't a thing that i would even consider.
you see, I was always smart
I tried to remain prudent but I still felt out of place, like a forgein exchange student
many nights I stood up and God knows I shed some tears
so he sent me an angel that would hug me, persevere.
she pointed me toward the light
and told me to follow it
and the wall was full of pride, i was forced to swallow it
I remember that night, November 7th, 2008
rededicated my life.
Heard the knock on my heart, and I opened the door.
Knew the Lord was waiting for me so I welcomed Him in
the shackles and chains have been ripped off my skin
seperated my flesh from my spirit, I was free.
Jesus was my pain reliever, he works better than aleve.
He was beaten and battered, crucified for you and me
He showed me mercy and grace and thats why I believe
that...

yesterday, today, and always hes the same so forever
He will reign in my life.
He gave me a second chance though I didnt understand He already had a plan for my life.

yesterday, today, and always hes the same so forever
He will reign in my life.
He gave me a second chance though I didnt understand He already had a plan for my life.

Now im walken in the front and
theres war against the enemy
I know that God is there for me even when
my faith is the smallest
I cried out to god, let Him please continue testing me
he opened up my eyes
told me seperate the truth from all of the worlds lies
I used to feed off this world now im returning the favor
My life has been turned around I owe it all to my savior
I was down in the dumps
ive been lifted and been gifted
I thank god for everything that Hes done
and I thank him in advance for everything thats to come
I thank him for my mom who planted the seed in me
and I thank him for Emily who walked with me faithfuly
she has helped me excell. Through the church ive grown a ton
I was the seed who was planted,watered, and recieved the son.
and now im starting to sprout
so to the lord I shout..

yesterday, today, and always hes the same so forever
He will reign in my life.
He gave me a second chance though I didnt understand He already had a plan for my life.

If you believe god has a plan for your life, repeat after me

yesterday, today, and always your the same so i want you to reign in my life.
please give me a second chance though i may not understand, God i know you have a plann
for my life.

yesterday, today, and always your the same so i want you to reign in my life
please give me a second chance tho i may not understand God i know you have a plann
for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Im your music, you're my lyrics