Sunday, September 27, 2009

Can we be a family?


Our broken up family is so disjointed. I feel lost in my own home. I no longer want to be in the presence of my own family. What happened to the happy days? Since when did our families foundation become liquor and weed? Why is the fact that I go to church so hated? I'm trying to gain a better life, but all that's happening is i'm moving farther away from my family. All the pictures hanging on the walls...Happy faces smile back. They seem to say "look what you ruined when you came back" No one knows we're all so broken. Papi drinks himself to sleep every night. Mami wakes up each morning with a hangover and hating her life. It seems as though i've gained a new future and everyone gained my past. I thought God would change my life, but our broken family holds me back. Life is not the same.. I cry myself to sleep at night, wishing for a better life. No one seems to care how eachothers feeling. We just move our seperate ways, I thought we were a family? If love doesn't hurt, than why does this hurt so much? Mom, you said that you forgave me..but why is my past your favorite subject? Papi, you say that you care, but you dont even try to get to know me. Jessica, don't you see my niece and nephew next to you as your smoking your blunt? I hope it's all worth it..because soon it will all disapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Im your music, you're my lyrics