Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Crossroads


Standing on the crossroads,
deciding which way to go.
To the left is my way,
and to the right is to the Lord.
My way means humans who are just as imperfect as me.
The Lords way means perfection will walk beside me.
My way is getting knocked down,
having no where to go.
The Lords way is gentle whispers,
assuring you everything will be ok.
It's true that with my way,
a false sense of independence could seem strong.
Whereas the Lords way might take work,
and the road may seem long.
Eventually, though, the fantasy of independence would end,
and I would be needy and all alone.
But, the Lords way means I would have a friend
to take my hand and lead me home.
I notice that even with all my possesions,
my life would always get shaken.
So, I reached for the treasures of Heaven,
and not those of the world.
I know I made the right choice
as I turned onto the right road.
Because, it was at that instant, I felt the Lord take my hand
and release my load.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Im your music, you're my lyrics