Monday, September 21, 2009

Look into me...


My trembling smile is no longer real. My eyes disguise the way that I truly feel. Who can I trust when I long for a friend? Who will be there when my world is at end?The honesty is lost in all of their eyes. The tears that I cry are drowning in lies.
Where do I turn when I can't find the light? My reflection is shattered by the darkness of night. I'm left all alone, secrets hidden inside, I want to emerge but, they force me to hide
I'm sick of repetition day after day not knowing whom to trust, being wary of what I say. False friends who I loved for all these years cut me the deepest by causing these tears. I can hear whispers; I feel your stare. But, straight to my face you wouldn't dare. Don't give me a smile when I know it's an act. When I turn my head, don't plan an attack. If I made a mistake why can't you forgive?
I refuse to regret the way that I live. I want to fit in but, what's there to see? Please look past my shell and look into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Im your music, you're my lyrics